Saturday, October 17, 2009

October 15th update

I've been meaning to update for a while now.  I've started going to the doctor every two weeks now so updating gets a closer together. This update with combine by last two appts.


I got a little sick last week, I think just a cold, but I did get the flu shot so I have heard that that can give you some symptoms.  It wiped me out though, I didn't feel like doing anything.
All better now though, I actually am feeling really good these days.

 There is good news from my last appointment, we did a sono to see if the placenta had moved into a better position and it has!!!!!! 
That means no c-section!!  (For that reason anyway, there could be anything that could happen to cause an emergency c-section).
With no insurance and paying out of pocket, that was really great news for us, a few less dollars we would have to come up with before delivery.  Everything not normal in the delivery is extra $$$, so we didn't want to have a c-section unless absolutely necessary.

Anyway, the sono also told us that Justin may be an 8 + pounder by the time he gets here. That was October 1st and they said he weighs about 5 lbs already.  He is expected to gain a half a pound every week from now on.  I can definitely feel him packing it on too.  I am feeling the weight more than ever now and his movements are more defined and stronger.   Sometimes it can look like an alien moving around in my belly, but I love feeing him and Eric and I are entertained by watching him and wondering what he is doing in there.

We have started going to our Childbirth and Safety classes at the hospital where we've learned how to give Justin CPR if he needs it, hopefully not.  We also learned how we should care of his umbilical cord and circumcision when we bring him home, which we never thought about before.  Also, I have never given a baby a bath and we learned how to do that. All things that will surely make things not such a shock when he gets here.
In the Childbirth classes, we've only been to one so far, but I am sure it will help get us both ready for the big day.  Even though I am sure the doctors and nurses will help us, we will know what to expect and to make it not such a scary experience. 
The closer we get to the due date, the more I think about how it is going to be and how I can make it as easy on me as possibly,  Eric too. 
I will be getting all of the drugs they'll give me, believe me, but the more I learn about how it's going to be, the more comfortable I am feeling about it.  We've got a lot more to learn.

Speaking of learning, I don't think I've mentioned that I have started taking classes at the Dallas and Collin County Community Colleges.  Just Continuing Education right now, but definitely something I could add to my resume.  I am adding Graphic Design to my photography skills to either find a  job where I can do both or to offer design with my photography business. They go well together so I thought it would be a  good idea to get more skills in my "tool box" and see where it takes me.  Basically I am learning software right now, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.  Combined with the Photoshop I already know, I could be very good at it.  I am sure you'll be seeing some of the work I will be able to do, I will be showing it off some how.

Eric has been interviewing with a company for a new and better job.  It will be in the same field, financial advising, but with a better company with more support and more pay.  We have been struggling with this issue and are hoping that this is what will solve our problems.
There is a possibility that insurance could kick in just in time for delivery, and that would be wonderful.  I won't get my hopes up yet.  The higher pay alone is going to help, but we need the insurance badly to really get off to a good start. We deserve it!!!!  Something good needs to happen.  I am thinking that maybe by writing it it will come true...?


We did some Maternity portraits last weekend, just Eric and I, it was so funny. It was kinda difficult with me being the photographer, I had to get up and make sure each of the poses were what I wanted and not too much showing. Some were immediately deleted. Then when we changed poses and lighting, it would start all over again; get up- get back into pose.
I'm not sure if this is appropriate or not to show everyone, so I won't post them here. I am pretty exposed in them, you can't see anything really but I wouldn't want them on the internet I don't think.
So if you are interested let me know and I'll show them to you.


I'll leave off with that..... until next time.  I'll be 36 weeks when I post again.
Getting close!!! I am so ready.
Mom says it looks like he's dropped a little so maybe we're on our way.?




No comments:

Post a Comment