Monday, September 14, 2009

September 14th Update

Eric here.

Jennifer asked me to do a post and I thought it sounded like a good idea.
This is my first time and I’m not sure what to say, but let’s find out.
I’ve had fun lately watching Justin getting bigger. I always knew that Jennifer would be one of those women who would be just as beautiful when pregnant as she is when she’s not…and I was right! She thinks she has gained more weight than she’s supposed to, but I don’t think so.
We went to church this recently to see a friend be ordained in the priesthood and while we were there, Jennifer suddenly jumped. I quickly put my hand on her belly and felt Justin wiggling around…more so than I had felt to that point! It was so cool! We think it was his knee and foot that we felt. The pews in our church are pretty uncomfortable, so maybe he was trying to find a better lounging position! I’ve always been told that I was a wiggly baby, and I guess I passed on that trait.
I’m starting to get pretty excited about doing all the “guy” things that Justin and I will get to enjoy. This is opening weekend of football season, and it makes really look forward to sitting in my chair and holding him while we watch the Cowboys together. I’ll have to keep my emotions in check though, so I don’t accidentally drop him when there's an interception! I’m sure he’ll get pretty mad about it, too! I also can’t wait to take him up to Roaring River in Missouri. It’s the perfect place to teach kid’s how to fly fish and it’s also where Paw Paw (Mom’s dad) used to go. I always think about him when I’m there and it’ll be great to pass that connection on to Justin.
I’m also really excited about meeting Laila for the first time…hopefully next week! And, I can’t wait to introduce her and Justin. I’m sure they’ll the best cousins!
We’re pretty well done with his room, except for a few touchups. Jennifer and I have worked together on it quite a bit and we haven’t really argued once! That’s very unusual for us when we’re working on a project together. Usually, we have to take turns working on it so that we can continue to live in the same house. But not this time. I guess it’s because we’re both so excited about the purpose of our work.
I guess that’s about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment